Welcome to www.umngeni.gov.za the website of uMngeni Municipality. All users accessing this website are subject to and agree to the terms and conditions set out in this legal notice. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, please do not use this site.
Nothing contained in this notice creates or is intended to create a contract or agreement between the uMngeni Municipality and the website user.
We value feedback from our website visitors. However, users agree to refrain from making any unlawful, harmful, defamatory, abusive, threatening, vulgar or obscene comments. Users remain liable to any third party for their comments, and uMngeni Municipality is not liable to any third party for the content of users' comments.
Use of the website
You use any information or materials on this website entirely at your own risk, and uMngeni Municipality shall not be liable in any sense. The user is responsible for ensuring that any products, services or information available through this website meet the user's specific requirements.
The content on this website is intended as general information and for general use only. It is subject to change without notice.
This website contains material that is owned by us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the site's design, layout, look, appearance and graphics.
Any unauthorised use of this website may be regarded as a criminal offence and/or give rise to a claim for damages.
1. The information on this website is intended to provide general information on a particular subject or subjects and is not an exhaustive treatment of such subject(s).
2. The information, which is intended for general use only, is provided by uMngeni Municipality, and while we endeavour to keep it up to date and correct, we make no representations and give no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services or graphics on the website for any purpose. Any reliance placed on such information is strictly at the user's own risk.
3. Under no circumstances will uMngeni Municipality be liable for any loss or damage, including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever caused by the loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
4. Links from this website to other websites are not under the control of uMngeni Municipality and we have no control over the nature, content and availability of these sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorsement of any views expressed. uMngeni Municipality is not in any way responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for the content, use, or inability to use or access any linked websites or any links contained in linked websites.
5. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, uMngeni Municipality takes no responsibility or liability for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
6. While every effort is made to ensure that the information provided on this website is current and accurate, this must not be taken for granted, and the relevant departments must be consulted before any action is taken based on this information.
Choice of law
This website is owned and operated in the Republic of South Africa. Therefore, these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of this country, and the user consents to the jurisdiction of the High Court in the event of any dispute.
Privacy and security
The privacy statement applies to uMngeni Municipality and any legal entity that control, verify or make use of information that may be collected via this site.
A user may visit this site without providing any personal information, but agrees to the use of such data in accordance with this privacy statement. Please note that this site may contain links to other sites which are not governed by this privacy statement.
uMngeni Municipality has reasonable commercial standards of technology and operational security in place to take all reasonable steps to secure the information that users provide, and to protect it from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Authorised employees maintain the confidentiality of any sensitive data submitted.
To post any questions or concerns regarding this privacy statement or any other privacy matter connected with using this website, use the Feedback link.
A cookie is a text file that can be placed on your computer's hard drive with your permission. A cookie identifies you to the relevant site that can then respond to you as an individual, and can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Generally speaking, cookies analyse web traffic and can help the owner to provide a better website service because they enable the monitoring of the pages you find useful or not. A cookie does not give the website owner access to your computer or any other information than that which you choose to share with it.
Cookies cannot be read by a website other than the one that created it, and it can only gather information from your use of that specific site.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Updating these terms and conditions
uMngeni Municipality reserves the right to change, modify, add to or remove portions or all of these terms and conditions of use from time to time. Changes to these terms and conditions of use will take effect upon such changes being posted on this website. It is the user’s obligation to periodically check these terms and conditions of use for changes or updates. The user’s continued use of this website following the posting of changes or updates will be considered notice of the user’s acceptance to abide by and be bound by these terms and conditions of use, including such changes or updates.
Exclusion of liability
You agree that the use of this website is entirely at your own risk. The website and its content are provided on an "as is" basis, and uMngeni Municipality makes no representations and gives no warranties, whether expressly or implied, about the accuracy of the content of the website. uMngeni Municipality does not warrant that the website's functions will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that the site or its server is free from viruses or other harmful components.
uMngeni Municipality, its directors, employees, officials, suppliers, agents and/or representatives shall not be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect or consequential, or any expense of any nature whatsoever, which may be suffered by the user, which arises directly or indirectly from reliance on the website and/or its content.
uMngeni Municipality, its agents or suppliers shall not be responsible for any direct or indirect special consequential or other damage of any kind whatsoever suffered or incurred by the user that is related to the use of, or inability to access or use the content or any functionality of the website or a linked website, even when uMngeni Municipality is expressly advised about it.
uMngeni Municipality, its directors, employees, officials, agents, suppliers or representatives are to be indemnified and kept fully indemnified from and against any loss or damage suffered or liability incurred in respect of any third party which arises from the use of this website.