Mayor leads inspects of capital projects (plus pic)
Taking the lead in ensuring that maximum oversight is exercised in the provision of services, especially when it comes to capital projects, uMngeni Municipality Mayor, Sizwe Sokhela recently visited all projects that were on construction stages to ascertain the progress.
Accompanied by the management committee, comprising of the acting municipal manager, Sandile Buthelezi, chief financial officer, Sixtus Gwala and general managers for community services, economic development and planning and technical services, Bongani Mpanza, Steve Simpson and Eric Svensson respectively.
Sokhela, said that the municipality is determined to ensure that it delivers quality services delivery, urging both communities and Councillors to monitor the progress of the projects.
The following projects were recently inspectes
- Mpophomeni roads in ward 8 (Phase 12)
- Mpophomeni Roads in ward 9 (phase 12)
- Mpophomeni Roads in ward 10 (phase 12)
- Construction of Mpophomeni roads ward 9 (phase 11)
- Mphophomeni Roads ward 10 (phase 11)
- Mpophomeni Roads Ward 11 (phase 11)
- Mpophomeni Community Hall Ward 8 (phase 11)
- Midlands Roads (phase 3) in Lidgetton, Lion’s River, Tumbleweed, Sphumelele Township, Emandleni and Zenzani Village
- Lidgetton sports Combo.
In Mpophomeni Township in Ward 08, the Mayor and the management committee inspected the progress on the completed community hall.
“What we saw confirmed that there was work on the grounds. I am happy with what I have seen. There were construction workers working in some sites and in others the work had already been completed. We must not rest on our laurels we must ensure that work is completed on the set timeframes,” said the Mayor.
He said the heightened oversight was as a result of the outcomes of the strategic planning session, which resolved that Councillors must always be in the loop about the progress of each and every project, municipal activities and future planned programmes in their wards.